Welcome to the February 2022 product updates from Unlock! The team delivered a number of new features this month that connect Unlock even more easily with standards and partners across the web3 ecosystem. This month's new capabilities include:
Major updates to the Unlock checkout process
- Bring Your Own NFT — You can now token gate anything using any ERC-721 NFT with Unlock Protocol.
- Sign In With Ethereum — Unlock’s front-end now provides a “Sign In With Ethereum” endpoint that can be used by a third-party application to easily identify a user’s Ethereum address.
- Support for change of maximum number of keys on dashboard — Creators can now change the maximum number of keys for their existing locks right from the dashboard.
Dev tool updates
- Unlock WebSub support — The WebSub W3C standard enables publish/subscribe on any kind of HTTP resource. With WebSub enabled for Unlock, applications can subscribe to Unlock changes, be notified when new locks are deployed, and be notified when new keys are created.
- Plugin hardhat for Unlock — Powered by Hardhat, we now have tools to deploy and configure our contracts, submit DAO proposals, upgrade contracts, etc.
- Refactored Cloudflare worker — We made improvements to Unlock's CloudFlare worker.
Want to know what’s going on with Unlock in real time? Jump into our Discord.