We’re partnering with Code4rena, a platform for community-driven smart contract audits, on a 1-week smart contract audit contest starting today, November 17th. The contest runs through November 24th, with $50,000 in prizes!
What is a smart contract audit contest?
Code4rena's contests are not bug bounties — contests have guaranteed payouts for all legit findings.
From Code4rena's site:
- Spec work. No way to have confidence that the time invested will produce a payout.
- Dark forest. Who knows how much competition there is right now? Or how mature the codebase is?
- Grow on your own. Researchers have to proactively look for ways to learn and level up their skills.
- Paradox of choice. So many projects have bounties. How does an auditor choose which to focus on?
- Guaranteed payouts. Auditors know it’s highly likely they can find a bug that will make it worth their time.
- Low-hanging fruit. If a project is seeking an audit, it’s likely fresh code with clear opportunities to dig in.
- Learning community. Open contests let auditors compare everyone’s findings and learn new things every single week.
- No FOMO. C4 runs a handful of active contests at a time—often just one or two, tops.
Very interesting — how do I participate?
For more on Code4rena and the competition, visit https://code423n4.com/
Join the C4 Discord: https://discord.gg/9qr6zgbZbj